- Walmart Bribery Scandal Timeline More than a year after Walmart’s FCPA woes were first made public, the scandal has expanded to a global scope. Click here for a timeline of events and a collection of key documents related to the Walmart bribery saga.
- Walmart Strike Spreads – Walmart’s Retaliation Met with Defiance Walmart associates in a dozen cities acros the country went on strike in early October to protest Walmart’s attempts to silence and retaliate against workers for speaking out for improvements on the job.
- Community Members Supporting Workers At Walmart stores across the country in October, community members showed their support for Walmart associates on strike to protest the company's illegal retaliation against workers who speak out for change. Join them on Black Friday!
- Challenging Walmart Board Members Community members around the country are coming together to hold the Walmart 1% accountable for their role in the American economy.
- Bringing the Call for Safe Working Conditions Home On September 17, members of Warehouse Workers United and their supporters went to the home of Walmart board member and Walton family member Greg Penner to deliver a 37,000-signature petition for safer working conditions in the warehouses. The workers went to Penner’s home after their many attempts to open a dialogue with Mr. Penner and others at Walmart were ignored.
- Confronting Walmart at Every Turn On August 6, @WalmartLabs (part of Walmart's effort to expand their online presence) was the keynote speaker at a social media conference in San Franciso. Attendees were greeted by Walmart 1% supporters who pointed out that, despite Walmart's efforts to market their online work as something new, Walmart is a big problem for America.
While they haven’t given very much of their wealth away, a great deal of what the Waltons have spent has been focused on funding right wing causes. The largest of these causes has been the movement to privatize public education. Beyond this, the Walton Family Foundation has also given to a host of other right-wing organizations, including: The Cato Institute The Heritage Foundation National Right to Work Foundation (anti-union) Americans for Tax Reform (Grover Nordquist’s organization) Additionally, the Waltons use their fortune to influence politics at all levels. In