Age: 27 (born 1986)
Residence: Jackson, WY
Unknown. However, his mother, Christy Walton, has an estimated net worth of $35.4 billion (as of September 2013), through the estate of her late husband, and is the richest woman in the world, according to Forbes magazine.
Through John’s estate, Christy Walton:
- Shares ownership of over half of outstanding shares of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. with John’s siblings, Alice, Jim, and Rob.
- Shares 96% ownership of the family’s Arvest Bank (Jim Walton, CEO) with Rob and Jim Walton; As of March 2013, the bank’s assets totaled approximately $14.3 billion.
- Holds 30% ownership in solar energy company First Solar—an investment worth $1 billion.
Educational and professional background
- High School: Journeys School, Jackson, WY, 2005.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmentally Sustainable Business, Colorado College, 2010.
 FDIC Institution Directory: Arvest Bank Group, Inc., Bentonville, AR, information as of September 30, 2012. Available online at http://www2.fdic.gov/idasp/report_BHC.asp?inSortIndex=0&inCert1=1095674.